Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The year of the hour glass, time is running short.

I can’t believe its august already, this year is flying by.


Some days it cannot go fast enough and others id wish time would stand still so that I may take a moment and enjoy all the changes I’ve had thus far. I knew somehow this year would be life changing, and not simply because I’m almost 35 (that isn’t an issue for me like many women), but because I had a sense big things were going to happen.

However so true was that thought? Let’s recap

1. My fiancé L and I finally set a date after for our wedding. We’ve been engaged well as of today four days shy of four years. Woo hoo don’t rush into anything…

2. We purchased, and moved into our first home. We are indeed both first time home buyers even though he’s 46 and I’m 34 (that’s 12 years in case your math is fuzzy)

3. I am in the daunting process of trying to change jobs, (good luck on that with the economy) and can’t seem to narrow down what I really want to do.

That’s my own personal journey thus far, oh but there is so much more to this story. My step-son to be B graduated high school and has yet to enroll for college or find a job. His dad L doesn’t think at this point it’s an issue as he feels he should have one last summer to enjoy himself. I could totally understand that if B actually left the house (ever) but alas he hibernates in his room which already reeks of smelly teenage boy stench and we just moved in the end of June. Don’t think I will win that battle, so for now I wave the white flag.

I have two daughters of my own and boy or boy what a trip. My youngest J is 9 smart, sarcastic, funny and very much a tom boy (although she won’t admit that). The oldest M is 16 and thus far been a real challenge, she takes teenager to a level I never thought possible. I wish I could say she’s my joy but sadly she’s positioned herself into that unfortunate statistical box, as she is 16 and pregnant. My heart breaks just writing that. I have to get a drink and an aspirin, and some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment