Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I don’t support stupidity! But I’m not immune to it.

M is currently not speaking to me as I don’t support her decision to have this baby seeing her current boyfriend (whom we will refer to as asshole) at 17 has not 1, not 2, but 3 babies already by 3 separate girls. I admit I knew of the 1 child shortly after they first started dating in September, but I was stupid and said well mistakes happen and who am I to judge, and it (at the time) didn’t seem to be as much of a big deal since M was on birth control and always said she’d never be stupid enough to let herself get into that kind of trouble. I found out about the rest just before I found out she was knocked up.


Now I wear, the “you’re an asshole” for letting her continue to see him sticker.

It seems that no matter where I turn what avenue I try there is pretty much nothing I can do as a parent to stop her from making the biggest mistake of her life. The issue is not prolife or pro-choice; it’s in fact pro her future. At 16 she should be looking forward to her junior year of high school and scouting colleges since she’s always talked about being a forensic psychologist and working hopefully someday with the FBI. That won’t happen with a baby and no education.

M has lied and manipulated and played every game she could to alienate her family to be with this asshole boyfriend, and now she’s staying with him and his parents. Ugh what do I do, this isn’t an episode of that retarded reality show 16 and pregnant. I can’t allow her to dictate to me how she would live in my house, and at the same time enable her to let mommy fix this for her. I cannot and will not do it, I told her for a long time I’m not raising no babies.

So now, I let her go…yes (he who is without sin cast the first stone) she made this decision and now as much as it pains me she must live with it. My focus has to be on the rest of my family and getting on with my life. I cannot change what she has done and she cannot hear anything I say. I was 17 when I got pregnant (yes history repeats its-self with vengeance) and 18 when I gave birth and she has been witness to the struggles of single parenthood and she still chose to make her life and that of her unborn baby as difficult as possible.

I love M very much but she’d made her bed…

No comments:

Post a Comment